Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Stockings. Done. Finally.

 I cannot begin to tell you how glad I am to have these stockings finishes. They have taken several attempts and stitch unpicking until I am finally semi-happy with them. I tried them without the ricrac, which I wasn't happy about, and with embroidered names, which I was also unhappy with since embroidery is definitely NOT my forte. I was inspired by these gorgeous polka dot stockings over at living with punks. I decided to go my own way rather than follow the tute. Big mistake, but oh well, they're done now. Five identical Christmas stockings. So now I have to get wrapping the stocking stuffers and hang the little buggers up. I'm almost certain I won't like them next Christmas and will have to make new ones, but for now I am pleased. They match my felt tree decos and will match the wreath once I have actually
made it. I love being on holidays and actually having time to craft!

No comments:

Post a Comment