Saturday, November 19, 2011

Another busy week


 I really have to get into the hang of blogging regularly (not that I have any followers yet, lol) but I am just so busy. Next week is my son's third birthday so yesterday I spent a day spending up my husband's cash. It was a nice day out without the kids and I even managed to get to Spotlight for more fabric and supplies! So also this week I have finished a couple of stuffed animals, some shabby chic napkin rings and this really cute pair of cushion covers which are appliqued with Christmas baubles. I listed them in my Etsy shop and they have sold already! It was my first Etsy sale so I am really pleased with that :) It was also my first attempt at raw edge applique which turned out to be an absolute breeze, so I will be using the technique on EVERYTHING. My darling hubby's wallet also bought me some new seedlings so today Mr nearly Three and I potted them up. We have been trialling hydroponic growing and so far the plants have been growing well. We simply cut the top off of  Coke bottle, rinse it, fill it with Perlite, plop the seedlings in and fill it with a water/ grow chemical mix. After a while the bottle grows some algae but hubby likes the way it looks! Anyway, it was really nice to do something one on one with my son while little miss was aslepp. Hopefully we can keep gardening together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment